Monday, May 31, 2010

Book Talk: Conspiracy 365

This week I'm going to be focusing on books, series and authors that are HUGE in my classroom.


It seems a little strange to be book talking Conspiracy 365, by Gabrielle Lord. Why? Well I haven't actually been able to read them myself. In fact, I can't keep my hands on them long enough to read myself. They are so popular in my classroom, the students have created virtual line ups to read them when the person currently reading them finishes.

What's the fuss about? Well it's the story of Cal who is chased down a street on New Years Eve and told that someone, the person who killed his father, is trying to kill him. He must survive the next 365 Days. What follows is pretty much standard thriller fare - except that a new book is released each month, so you feel like you're following him through the year. (I also love that the pages are numbered backwards, to assist with the whole countdown idea).

Who loves them in my classroom. Everyone. The girls, boys. Grade 5s, 6s and 7s. I have the sixth book, June, to take into school today -there may be a riot for it.

What would this book connect to? Alex Rider, CHERUB, Margaret Peterson Haddix books


The website for Conspiracy 365 is over here. Apparently there's an associated online club, but I haven't had any students get into that.

Tomorrow I'll look at the Who Was . . . series of books

0 comments:

A Reader's Community

My photo
Queensland, Australia
A Reader's Community is a place to find ideas, information, resources and recommendations about Reader's Workshop.

This Blog has five main types of posts.

About Reader's Workshop - information about Reader's Workshop in my classroom and how it works

Reader's Workshop Tools - resources you can access and use to help you with reader's workshop

Book talks - Book recommendations of two or three books centred around a particular theme

Book letters - in-depth reviews of one particular book

Reader's Workshop Links - Short links lists to help you find more information
Related Posts with Thumbnails